another tire size question

torquet

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sometime in the near future I will be buying wheels and tires. I have an 03 F250 4x4 ext. cab shortbed. I put the donahoe mini spring kit on the other day.

I was thinking on 325/60/18 nitto terra grapplers. Will this be to small or just right. also thought about 325/65/18. I think they might be a couple inches higher.

any comments and pics appreciated

thanks George

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I could be remembering incorrectly but I think team_penin hates his nittos. He hasnt been on lately but may check in soon.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
I could be remembering incorrectly but I think team_penin hates his nittos. He hasnt been on lately but may check in soon.

Yes he does have them, and yes he does hate the! My cousin has them too and hates them also. It's how quick they wear. I don't remember how many miles Team_penin had on his when I saw them but it was only like 3 months and you could REALLY see the difference between the front and rears! Same on my cousins. Both of them drive mostly highway and not alot of stop and go.

If you get them, be prepared to replace them SOON!

torquet

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input. what are some similar AT tires? I am pretty open. I don't do that much offroading mostly highway miles.

TapsMan

smog monster
Reaction score
A simular tire would be the BFG all terrain or the pro comp all terrain. Another good tire is the mickey thompson fun country II. All these tires wear much better than the nitto's

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I currently have 285/75/16 BFGs and they have been great. I need to replace them this year but got close to 50K on them. My only complaint is the price - $900 installed at Discount. I have searched for other less expensive but good tires and dont have much luck.

My wife's Pathfinder came with Generals that look ok. I dont know if they are any good or make a good AT.

GummyF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I happy with my Fun Country II so far. They are 315/75/16's. Only got 1500 or so miles on them so far. Ride good, little louder than I thought they would be and look like new except the dirt. BTW mine are on 16x10 wheels.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i will second BFG for all terrains, ran em over 65k on my 250

have em now on the tow boss, to skinny and spin easliy on wet texas sand/mud
:D :D :D

oil_burner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would stay away from procomps I've got a set of X-terrians ...I hate them ,they cupped and wore uneven ,called procomp they told me to rotate my tires every oilchange, yeah right they can come loosen 32 lugnuts and manhandle those 37's around ... anyway i've 30k onthem and already looking for a new set heard the new cepek fcII's are really nice

06brads250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 f250 fx4 ext cab running 35x12.50 bfg mud terrains with 3 inch lift got 10000 miles.some wear thinking will last till 20000 miles rides great and alligned perfect...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58