Ants

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
Anybody have any secrets for killing ants? I have a ton of the little black ones ( I think they are called pavement ants) getting into everything. They are walking across the clothes line and going into the house. I have put out Terro bait trays and put Terro on and around the clothes line and sprayed ant killer on them but they are always back the next day. I can't find a trail for them off of the tree and I don't see them in the house but there was a large ant house in that corner before I rebuilt it.

Yesterday I found them in my shed (on the other side of the house). I saw them getting on the roof from a pine tree awhile back so I cut the pine tree back but they still got in. Now I do not know where they are coming from. The ants in the shed at least seem to be going to the Terro tray so hopefully they will be gone soon.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno We use Ant be Gone (Ortho) bait thingy's, Put one in every Cupboard. No Ants inside.

Outside I use Spectracide, Bug Stop (OSH). Spray it all 'round the house foundation and all flower gardens/trees, 2-3 times a season. Can be used inside too.

And Believe it or Not ? CLEANSER.. like Comet ? Stops'm in their tracks. Doesn't KILL'm but runs'm off. I carry a can in the RV.. Sprinkle it 'round the Tires & Jacks.. NO ANTS (or any other bugs)

:dunno

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
When I lived in Texas for the 4 years I was stationed in Ft Worth, I kept having problems with fire ants in the back yard and little ants that would come into the house and get into every food item we had that wasn't in a tupperware container, a can, or in the refridgerator/freezer.

I used liquid Diazinon and sprayed around the outside of the house to keep the little inturding ants out and Diazinon granules around the fire ant mounds in the yard. The treatments seemed to work for a couple of months and would have to re-do it.

I think the Diazinon stuff is rather hard to come by now.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
You can still get Diazinon, I have two cans of it and I ran a circle of it around the shed yesterday. The problem with these clothes line bas$%@ds is you can't use granules on the line or the vertical surfaces and I cannot find them anywhere else. The Terro at least sticks to the wall and they go for it for awhile but then they walk over it. I have hosed the part of the house and the tree that the clothes line is connected to down with ant killer and that keeps them away for about a day.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any secrets for killing ants? I have a ton of the little black ones ( I think they are called pavement ants) getting into everything. They are walking across the clothes line and going into the house. I have put out Terro bait trays and put Terro on and around the clothes line and sprayed ant killer on them but they are always back the next day. I can't find a trail for them off of the tree and I don't see them in the house but there was a large ant house in that corner before I rebuilt it.

Yesterday I found them in my shed (on the other side of the house). I saw them getting on the roof from a pine tree awhile back so I cut the pine tree back but they still got in. Now I do not know where they are coming from. The ants in the shed at least seem to be going to the Terro tray so hopefully they will be gone soon.

guaranteed to work.

Last edited:

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
guaranteed to work.

That comes with a little more collateral damage than I am willing to deal with. Besides, I sold all of my nuclear material to the Iranians. Okay it wasn't nuclear material it was Pez but don't tell them.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
BORAX
you know natures soap
i believe you can find it in the laundry section, listed as 20 mule team soap
sprinkle it around your house or rv and the spiders and ants will turn around, plus its 100% bio earth friendly :D

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
You need to find the nest/colony and throw a Molotov cocktail...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58