Question Any experience with the Pace Edwards Jackrabbit Tonneau Cover?

AlaskanSuperduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these installed on their truck? I'm thinking of plunkin' down some dough for this, but I'm concerned with any rattling (if any) that may come from it since it mentions it has aluminum interlocking channels that make up the cover. I live on a road where the local school buses uses there automatic tire chains, effectively making a 1 mile stretch of our road that is washboarded. It was so bad one year the rear window of my wife's '98 explorer POPPED off the hatch from the vibration loosening the hinge bolts.:eek:

I've checked there website, and even talked to people around here that have had them on, just wanting to see if any one has any good or bad experiences with them. I've seen them in action, saw one guy using one at -30 below here in Fairbanks, so I know they'd do well in the cold (didn't ask him about rattling, though).

Thanks!

BigBlock

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
PE covers are pretty good. You need to lubricate the rails a couple of times a year. Also, the vinyl should occasionally be conditioned to keep it from fading.

The best retractable on the market, in my opinion, is TruckCoversUSA. But, it's going to cost more than the Jack Rabbit (although it's priced about the same as the PE Full Metal Jacket).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58