Any guesses?

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got busy with a little bit of "Government Work" at work the other night. It's fun to play with the mill when I get some free time, especially when I get paid to do so...even better.

So here it is...
DSCF1001-1.jpg

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, here's the answer...this is what it's going to replace.

DSCF1002.jpg

I actually do use these things from time to time, and it's a pain to use them, especially with the push bar. Since I have D-ring shackles for my straps that I use offroad anyway, I figured I should just make one for the front.

DSCF1003.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

The only thing I don't like is I made it about 2" shorter than I had intended. I can still get the screw pin in there, but it is close.

For the other side, I plan to make a ring, very similar to the factory one, except I will have it sticking out a little more and possibly slightly larger diameter, offset to the inside. That one can be used for chains.

Last edited:

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice!!

that's a neat idea! maybe you can start selling them, and make a few$$. i don't recall seeing anything like that for sale anywhere, correct me if i am wrong.:) i would be interested for a 2009!! pm me

Last edited:

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks...and honestly, I think you are right. I'd say that there would be several people that would be interested in them.

Unfortunatly, I can get by with doing some here and there stuff for myself at work...as time permits...but I just can't do much more than that. It took me about 4 hours or so to make this. Granted, I did actually have to do my real work some too, but it took a while regardless.

I wish I had a nice machine shop at home...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14