Any Gun Cleaning Experts???

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The only thing I run through the barrels of any of my rifles, and shotguns for that matter, are bore snakes. Quick and efficient, and you just throw them in the laundry when they are dirty. They work great in my oppinion. I haven't used a cleaning rod since I was in the army.

Hoppe's 9 - BoreSnakes

I've seen the bore snakes around before, I guess I'll have to give one a try. :thanks3:thanks3

I did stop by my favorite sand pit after work this evening to try out my 10/22 for the first time. In spite of the gusting winds, I was soon shooting 1" to 2" groups at about 50 yards. I know, that's not all that eye watering, but I'm just getting familiar with my new toy. It was also my first time out with my Steel Lips 25 round banana clips and clip speedloader. It sure doesn't take long to burn thru 100 rounds.

1st impression of my 10/22: the trigger pull force seems rather high. I think I might want to see if I can lighten that up some.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Today while strolling around Walmart, I found a .22 Bore Snake. I gave it a pretty good look including the instructions. But I noticed it made no mention concerning the use of any solvent or oil.

Are you supposed to run the Bore Snake thru the barrel dry???

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
You can use oil or solvent on the bore snake if you want to.

That's what I figured, but I wasn't 100% sure since the instructions on the Bore Snake package didn't specifically mention it one way or the other. It seemed to me that running a dry Bore Snake would be akin to a dry patch.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yeah, pretty much..
the only Bore Snakes I have are for my shotguns, so I can give the barrels a quick wipe as I case them up and leave the range..
when I get home, I break them down and give them a good cleaning..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58