Any luck after the warranty runs out?

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
My X is in for it's third turbo replacement surgery along with the #3 injector. It's got 91.5K on the ticker, and that 100k mark is approaching fast. If, and hopefully this is only if, the turbo were to go out again after 100k, do I have any justification to try and get Ford to pay for a replacement out of warranty since the truck has had a pattern of turbo failures?

FWIW, I believe I know the answer to the question, but just had to ask.

:hail

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I would certainly make the argument that it should be covered. will you win? who knows. I would suggest bringing this up to the service manager before it becomes an issue and get an assessment of what he is willing to do. You might suggest it will impact your future business at that dealership.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
with three repalcement I would most certianly ask Ford to extend the warranty time say another 50k
whats the worse they can say????? NO

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I thought any parts/service performed carried a separate warranty. I can't remember how long but I was thinking 3/36. I could be wrong, but I would certainly ask. I would first ask that they extend the entire powertrain warranty.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
I thought any parts/service performed carried a separate warranty. I can't remember how long but I was thinking 3/36. I could be wrong, but I would certainly ask. I would first ask that they extend the entire powertrain warranty.

It's a 12 month/12k mile warranty on parts/labor, no deductable. Funny, the turbo went out 11,317 miles ago, so I shouldn't have to pay the $100 deductable this time.

I'm in a new location now (military) and the dealership seems a bit more competent than the last, so I'll pursue asking for extended powertrain coverage. They can only say no. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58