Question Any thoughts on air bag suspension lifts?

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

Do you have any thoughts on adjustable air bag suspension lift kits? First hand experience would be nice. Which companies make these things?

As I see it you get a nice ride quality along with the possibility to get better mpg by lowering the truck and minimizing air drag. And whenever you need high clearance just push a button. I figure that you might even hook an ARB locker or two to the air compressor.

Or am I wrong about this?:confused:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I've heard a lot about kelderman. He makes sweet stuff. I'd love to have a superduty that he customized. Hes very expensive but looks like great work.

Deerjager

Meister Gewehr
Reaction score
I have a friend who has a Dodge 2500 diesel 4X4 LB with air bags on it. He loves them for hauling his big camper. His truck is a 97 and they have been on there for 14 years. His are Firestone brand.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get that air bags are great for leveling the vehicle while towing or hauling, but are they any good for fourwheeling?

I can't find any prices on any kelderman kits. Only a network of custom build shops. Where to buy kits?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes they are. They act like springs, only you can vary the spring rate by increasing/decreasing the air in the bags.

Dave :)

JSchuricht

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I can't find any prices on any kelderman kits. Only a network of custom build shops. Where to buy kits?

It's one of those things where if you have to ask you probably can't afford it. Last I heard it was around $7-8k.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's one of those things where if you have to ask you probably can't afford it. Last I heard it was around $7-8k.

:eek: oooookay! I'll probably keep dreaming, then... Funny, cause the "spring helper" kits that let you level your rear end are only 2-300 $. From Firestone, that is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58