any trips for Memorial Day Weekend?

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
anyone going anywhere fun for MDW?

we are taking the toys out for the weekend, hopefully not too crowded where we are going. this is what it looked like the last time we were there on a weekend :D

Ballenger Canyon ORV park

We were planning on going to Gorman ORV, but it's going to be nuts there with all the LA folks....drinking and riding just dont mix. we've seen too many medivac's from there on the busy weekends.

where ever you go this weekend, be safe and have fun, watch out for the others...

Al

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Yup. Planning a long weekend of fly-fishing, lazing, drinking, and playing with the dogs at Dworshak Reservoir in Northern Idaho. If it warms up like it was last week, I reckon there may even be some skiing and swimming involved.

Dworshak is an 86 mile long reservoir created by damming the Clearwater River outside of Orofino, Idaho. It is clear and deep, and has a million and a half tributaries draining into it, each of which has top-notch fly-fishing. Catching native cutthroat, Cutt-bows, Rainbows, Bull, and Brook Trout (catch and release on the Bull Trout, obviously) in some very nice scenery.

Got my new camper on board today, leaving a little bit before work ends (I got here late this morning, so I'll make up for it by leaving early!!! ;) )

I think that about sums it up. Here is alink to a site about Dworshak.
http://www.recreation.gov/detail.cfm?ID=256

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
Hoss
You ever make it up to Marshall Lake? Not my favorite, but Jump Off Joe?
we used to when i was stationed there. Nice little fishing hole.
Have fun with the new camper.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
acjjkamp said:
Hoss
You ever make it up to Marshall Lake? Not my favorite, but Jump Off Joe?
we used to when i was stationed there. Nice little fishing hole.
Have fun with the new camper.
Yeah, I've fished both. My favorite has to be Bead Lake, though. Kind of off the beaten path, but that's why we love it. JOJ has some good bass fishing in it. Nearby, Waitt's lake is good for spiny rays, etc

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I will be going to the Sea Line Resort here in Qatar. We are renting 400cc Suzuki (not much selection) ATVs for the sand dunes right outside of the resort but primarily plan to relax for two days and get way from the base.

Aerial view; small picture I know but I will post up some decent ones when I get back,
sealine-beach-resort.jpg

-Mike

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am going up North of Reno to get some 1100 lb batteries and a Solar Ineverter for my buddies solar system he has on his house. Should be fun.

Dave

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
some 1100 lb batteries
We will need a picture :eek: That should power things up..

I am going to go see the Arctic Ocean for Memorial day then taking the kids fishing up the river when I get back..

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'm spending the weekend at the cabin....................

Lost Cabin Gas Plant to be more precise, ahhhh........work sweet work!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14