any word from the texans???

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It may work, but the cell sites will be overloaded, big time. Bill will check in when he can.

Dave

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
It may work, but the cell sites will be overloaded, big time. Bill will check in when he can.

Dave

Yeap, Very True, plus if they are on Battery or Backup Generator power, they only last SOO long before they go down.....

My uncle has a place on 24th Street, 2000 feet from the seawall, futher reference, the FlagShip Hotel is at the End of 25th Street and the Hooters is at the end of 23rd Street, well, it WAS there :( :eek:

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
i figured cell phones gotta still be workin down there.as well as the internet cards through the cell carriers

It has been reported that cell phone service has been compromised by storm damage to the towers, especially on the island....

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
This is some of the damage done by IKE

2_68_091508_ike.jpg

George Levias, 75, moves a cross from a casket exposed by floodwaters as he looks for a headstone at the Hollywood Cemetery in Texas.

GALVESTON — More than 48 hours after Hurricane Ike swamped the Gulf Coast, rescuers flew for the first time Monday into areas cut off by the storm and found a scene of devastation, with whole subdivisions obliterated, and began evacuating survivors.

A Texas helicopter task force flew 115 rescuers onto the heavily damaged resort barrier island of Bolivar Peninsula, just east of hard-hit Galveston. Task force leader Chuck Jones said they were the first rescuers to reach the area that is home to about 30,000 people in the peak summer beach season.

"They had a lot of devastation over there," Jones said. "It took a direct hit."

Some subdivisions in the area are completely gone, he said.

full story

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yea, I am waiting for the updated satellite images that are supposed to be up soon.....

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
I work for the tractor supply in dripping springs(about 15 miles west of austin) and we have had ppl coming in everyday trying to find generators, gas cans, etc.. we sold out of generators and gas cans like the day after the hurricane. now when ppl come in looking for these things there is no place around that i'm aware off that has any of those things b/c every place in dripping is sold completely out of generators and gas cans so really all i can tell them is sorry but no.. :dunno

had an older guy come in today that i started talking to mainly b/c he was driving a white crew cab dually super duty and i could see he had an exhaust system. ended up just talking to him about the damage that was done in katy(which is where the fella lives) and stuff. LoL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58