anybody run any extra reverse lights

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking about adding some extra lights under the bumper for backing up, can anyone help or at least point me in the right direction? i thik im gonna run it straight from the battery and adding a switch instead of tying it into the stock wires

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I put some on my truck and they are great to have.

I tapped into the reverse light wire to kick the relay on. It isn't bad to do at all. It's nice that way because you don't have to think about it...they just light it up. I am still planning on running a second power wire with a switch so that I can turn them on seperatly. There are some times when having them on would be very handy other than just when the truck is in reverse.

There is at least one kit made...I am pretty sure KC Daylights makes it...but it just attaches to the receiver some how.

I welded two small taps to the receiver bar toward the outsides and mounted up a pair of fairly cheap wide beam fog lights...works like a champ.

TUGGER

Reaction score

I tapped into the reverse light wire to kick the relay on. It isn't bad to do at all. It's nice that way because you don't have to think about it...they just light it up. I am still planning on running a second power wire with a switch so that I can turn them on seperatly. There are some times when having them on would be very handy other than just when the truck is in reverse.

There is at least one kit made...I am pretty sure KC Daylights makes it...but it just attaches to the receiver some how.

I welded two small taps to the receiver bar toward the outsides and mounted up a pair of fairly cheap wide beam fog lights...works like a champ.

I did something like this on my old truck works great for hooking up the trailer and not backing over the fence.:dizzy again!!

RON.B54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing. I spiliced into the reverse light wire at the trailer plug. It really helps with having tinted windows at night.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

X2, relay powered buy the Ford back-up lights, but I ran a switch controlled, 10 ga. wire to power a pair H3 square floods I bought at WM.

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there anyway i can run them in reverse and with a seperate powers switch so they can be on w/o the truck being in reverse? also which wire color is the back up lights?

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the KC kit on my OBS. Comes with everything needed for install. If you wanted to turn them on independently just add a switch. Been on my truck for prolly 4 yrs, no problems.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there anyway i can run them in reverse and with a seperate powers switch so they can be on w/o the truck being in reverse? also which wire color is the back up lights?

The simplest way would be to run a wire from a in the cab switch, to the back.... independent of the back-up lights all together.

The back-up light wire on my 2K is purple.

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The simplest way would be to run a wire from a in the cab switch, to the back.... independent of the back-up lights all together.

The back-up light wire on my 2K is purple.

the cap thing on my 7 pt hook up says its the green one with the black stripe but i tried it and never could get it to work

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cap thing on my 7 pt hook up says its the green one with the black stripe but i tried it and never could get it to work

I spliced into the actual back-up light wire at the R/H tail light connector to power up the relay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58