Humor Anybody Seen This Yet?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
That is part of the program. They have to do it.

I saw another video after I watched this one, of a local news cast that
interviewed a company that handled the disposing of the vehicles.

They drain all the fluids and then put in "Clunker Bomb" aka, liquid glass and run the enigne for 7 to 10 minutes until the engine seizes/locks up.

They are then taken to a salvage yard where they are allowed to re-sale certain parts, but nothing of the engine.

Seems like a big waste instead of helping, but I maybe be missing something. :dunno

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Someone at work suggested that I take my truck and turn it as a clunker they were lucky I didnt have anything heavy within my reach at the time. It is a shame what they are doing to the vehicles but it would make to much sense to do something useful with them instead of destroying them.

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know the utility bed on the back of that truck has to be worth at least $2500-$3000 maybe? Ya' think?
I also talked to my local Ford dealer and they say that there is a shortage of good 3/4 and 1 ton used super duty's on the market here.

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
no bama...i dont think youre missing anything. Our "fearless leader" thinks this is the answer to our pollution problems amongst other things.

as for me, I'll keep driving my big diesel and love every second of it...maybe blow a little smoke every now and then too:sly

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a waste. Whats gonna happen when all these people that drove the thousand dollar clunkers cant afford there new cars, yea all the repos are gonna help.

Just think my future kids and grandkids get to pay for all this. Glad to see the goverments helping us all out.:clap:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is part of the program. They have to do it.

I saw another video after I watched this one, of a local news cast that
interviewed a company that handled the disposing of the vehicles.

They drain all the fluids and then put in "Clunker Bomb" aka, liquid glass and run the enigne for 7 to 10 minutes until the engine seizes/locks up.

They are then taken to a salvage yard where they are allowed to re-sale certain parts, but nothing of the engine.

Seems like a big waste instead of helping, but I maybe be missing something. :dunno

We all may of missed something about this deal.:rant
I was told that all of the old crushed cars and trucks are being sold to China, for the steel that's in them.
Things are just not right about this hole deal. Sucks for sure. They will sale it back to us as imported and our people will be without more jobs in the steel business.:hail:hail:hail:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
:bp

that whole program was sofa king we todd ed.

First, the only people who could take advantage of the program we those that could afford to buy a NEW car.
It didn't do a thing for the poor sap working two part-time jobs and still had no money to fix his broken down turd of an '88 Bonneville. So THOSE wrecks are still out there.. accidents waiting to happen.

Second. You scrapped anything traded in. Again, sacrificing a good vehicle and leaving a potential liability out there on the road.

Third. You did nothing put put a bunch of KIA's, Hyundai's and Toyota's on the road. I guess because they didn't get any bail-out cash, this is the bone the gummit threw them.

:rant mode off.

we now return you to your regularly scheduled life....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14