Anyone bought anything from "Cummins Industrial Tools"?

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received a flyer that indicated that there will be a tool sale at the local (small town) fire department and it showed all kinds of shop and other tools. (parts washers, welders, etc.) The prices are really good but I'm leery about whether this is just one of the deals where a semi full of chinese "pot metal" tools shows up. Just curious if anyone's bought from this outfit and if so how happy they were with what they bought. (I think the name is even funny . .they're trying ot make it sound like their a famous diesel mfg. :) )

Have a good one,
Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you comment about "chinese Pot Metal" parts. Anything that has "Industrail Tools" in the name is garbage. Don't get thrown by the Cummins name either.

Dave

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're saying that you think the 18V Dewald Cordless drill for $29 is probably crap too? :dunno

:) Yes, I know that Dewalt is spelled D-E-W-A-L-T. :)

RadialX

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ive hit there sales before.........most stuff is throw away stuff, but sometimes for the price its worth a shot. I was in need of a portaband last year and didnt have the money really to spend on a big dollar one. well for 99 bux I took a shot........that bandsaw sees daily duty cutting roll bar tubing and its worked flawlessly for almost a year. So it was worth what I paid.

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
As a diesel and golfcart tech places like Cummins and Harbor freight are really good for my pockets. Yeah the prices are cheap but if I break it I'm out a couple of bucks unlike a couple of hundred dollers. I know Harbor Freight carries Ingresoll-Rand air tools. As for Cummins I have a couple of things that I bought there and have had no problems. In my opinion they are worth it for the everyday person or the once and awhile person. I'd go and see what you can find and get what you want and need it can't hurt. I do it every once and awhile (more like once a month). Another place to check out is Wiess Tool Company. They have excellent tools and at a really descent price also. Our Snap-on dealer uses them.

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. The portable bandsaw was one of the items that was very tempting. :)

Have a good one,
Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I bought a portable bandsaw on eBay a few years ago, cheap. It is a very worthwhile tool. :D

Dave

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Homier tool sales that travel around here. I've picked up a few odds and ends @ the sales over the years.

I've got a ball joint press that works well especially considering I bought it to change u-joints. Only needed to cut a piece of tube to build a smaller cup for doing one of the balljoints on my truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14