Anyone catch "Trucks" a couple of weeks ago?

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When he made biodiesel from fryer oil? I was really revved up to go buy that setup after watching the show. Then I saw the price . . :( I think the only way you could justify it is if somehow you got 6-10 guys together to split the cost and pass it around. I think between my wife, the tractor and the truck we burn about 100 gallons a month. That would take me 4-6 days processing . . .but it would save me about $150 a batch right now.

http://www.freedomfuelamerica.com/products/fuelmeister.asp

I guess it's time to buy a lottery ticket again. :)

Have a good one,
Dave

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too saw it... and did a couple of weeks of research and posts...
That setup is WAY overpriced and WAY less safe than others according to post of more knowlegeable people on the subject than I am.... :)

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I saw it and it looks like more trouble and initial expense than I want to go through. I don't get much time off and I guess I would rather spend my limited spare time doing something else than rounding up oil and making fuel. As prices continue to rise I am sure my attitude may change but for now thats my $.02.

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
dmftoy1 said:
When he made biodiesel from fryer oil? I was really revved up to go buy that setup after watching the show. Then I saw the price . . :( I think the only way you could justify it is if somehow you got 6-10 guys together to split the cost and pass it around. I think between my wife, the tractor and the truck we burn about 100 gallons a month. That would take me 4-6 days processing . . .but it would save me about $150 a batch right now.

http://www.freedomfuelamerica.com/products/fuelmeister.asp

I guess it's time to buy a lottery ticket again. :)

Have a good one,
Dave
Dave, check out Scott's (sagebel) processor in the biodiesel forum on this site. :thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim