Anyone else experiencing issues with radio?

`08 BlueCrew

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the "premium" radio with Sirius and Nav. I am experiencing two issues:

1. I periodically loose satellite signal. I have lost it riding down the interstate and a few times in a parking lot. I understand the line of site issue. The times I am concerned about are when there is absolutely nothing around to block the signal. No trees or other overhead obstructions. :dunno
  2. Three times the radio has powered off on its own. I'm riding down the road and it just powers off. No bumps or anything out of the ordinary. About 20-30 seconds later it comes back on. :rant

It is at the dealer now getting the FLASH done. I asked the to check it out. If nothing else at least it is on record that I am having issues with it.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Satellites do go down without notice. Just the nature of the beast. I have noticed it also, and I have had XM for about 10 years now.

Don't know about your radio, never had one do that.

Dave

the_hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There must be some sort of radio interference. I have an area that I pass through every day that has no line of site issues, but it always cuts out for 10 sec.

It's near a bridge over a busy inlet and I am guessing that it may have something to do with radio interference.

I know it doesn't help.... just my two cents.:D

yukondiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have lost the satellite signal periodically, but it always seemed to be overhead interference (mostly trees). Does Sirius/XM use a network of satellites? Might the signal be lost if you happen to pass from one area of coverage to another like cell phones?
You might want to try to determine if the lost signal occurs in the same location every time. If it does, its probably environmental/interference. In any event, the power off problem is definately the radio, although it never happened to me. That sounds like a replacement opportunity under warranty, so maybe that will fix both problems...Good luck and regards...joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58