Anyone Got Instructions To Remove/Replace Steering Wheel

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
I just got a visit from FedEx with my new Parchment leather and Oxford Burl inlay steering wheel. I need instructions for how to take off the old one - without getting a face full of airbag.

Anyone want to walk me through the procedure??

2e246c66.jpg

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Puddle Pirate said:
I just got a visit from FedEx with my new Parchment leather and Oxford Burl inlay steering wheel. I need instructions for how to take off the old one - without getting a face full of airbag.

Anyone want to walk me through the procedure??

IM002142.jpg
There are screws behind the wheel that release the front cover, remove cover and then remove nut in center of wheel on post. Disconnect wires for cruise, etc, then you can use either gear puller or steering wheel puller to "pop" wheel loose. Its simple...you'll see how simple as you remove. Airbag will not deploy from wheel removal. Nice wheel, dude..but your picture is HUGE

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
I resized it again. Should be smaller now.

What about disconnecting batteries? Necessary?

I saw 3 different kinds of wheel pullers at the auto-parts store, one in the shape of a "T" with slots on either side, one that looked like a triangle with slots on all 3 sides. Which one do I need?

How do you seat the new wheel on the spindle?

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where could I get a wheel like that? Would it fit my 2000? I have a Lariat with some wood accents, and that would top it off nicely.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Hmm I gotta have one of them. I saw it in magazine a few days ago.....must research now.

My CD says disconnect batteries. Wait 1 minute, I would wait 5, because you need to "deplete the backup power supply energy" and to use a two jaw puller.

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
Got my wheel from

https://www.stwheel.com/

349.00 (includes shipping).
They charge your card for an additional 100.00 (core charge) when you send them back your old one, they return the 100.00

Wish me luck guys! I'm going in! Gonna do the replacement myself. Will post a pic when done.

Yes, it will fit a 1999 - 2004 for sure

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14