Anyone have this happen??

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
I have seen some alarm systems that flash the brake lights, both when in alarm or when in autostart mode, so the brake light portion again could be pointing to the alarm.Several of my coworkers including myself have viper autostarts, they are all set up slightly different. Apparently whether you get a brake or tail light flash or even a steady burn is up to the installer. I asked my installer when he showed me mine why my system burns steady in autostart,(park lights including fog lights) and he said that it was his preference, as opposed to a flash. Also hitting the brakes is the disarm cue after the key is inserted. So the brake lights are integrated to the alarm.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
The truck has been fine with the autostart and alarm dissabled. I gotta get it figured out at some point. Another gem is the truck will sometimes chime the "key in ignition" bell when you open the door, and it stops after a few seconds. Its been a swell week. :rolleyes:

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines starting to do that, forgetting where the key is.... that's fine by me because I can't stand that stupid friggin' ringer. That and the seat belt module. I've done the wiggle your left arm 5 times, at 23.56 miles per hour while your passenger beats a rubber chicken off the dash routine at least 10 times now... and that damn hyperactive dinger still goes off when the sweat belt's not plugged in. I could care less about it, I always wear mine, but it really pisses me off when it has a hissy fit when the door's open and there's no one in the seat. With all these damn sensors all over the place you'd thing the stupid thing would realize there's no one in the seat so shut the hell up about the damn seat belt already.

Just bugs me a little, that's all...

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
My seatbelt chime AND key in ignition chime are dissabled. So I'm stumped as to how it can chime when you open the door even if the key was in.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Another swell day! Alternator fried this morning on the way in. Shot up to almost 18 volts, then right down to battery voltage. You could actually smell the electricity. Had to jump it to get to shop when they opened. So the tech calls and says "something's wrong with the truck, but I don't know what." Apparently they got the alt. on, and when tested the truck is demanding occasional voltage jumps? So its idling and sitting and the volt meter is at 13.9, and just goes almost flat like when the glowplugs are lit. Then goes to maybe 14.2 for a while. I don't see this ending well. The recent electrical gremlins have gotten out of hand.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
It appears to be repaired. Tech says there were several corroded connections on the inside of a main plug between engine compartment and firewall. And found 2 bad grounds, one of them a main grounding strap going to the frame. The blown alternator was still under warranty and I was not given a bill. Thought I was gonna pass out...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg