Anyone have this happen??

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
c'mon over to the house....ive got a 1.5f capacitor (for the sub-woofer)
you can lick !

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well, I took it for a ride to do some errands and all is well. As far as the butt check, Kleedus, I have a feeling all I'll find is a couple of Klingons :lmao

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
***UPDATE*** Truck made it home with no drama, gauges seemed to be lethargic, and ...wait for it...it started itself again! I went outside, it had self-started and the keys are in the cupholder where they always are. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will run itself down to the Gulf station and fuel itself up as I don't feel like doing it. Between the alarm system, remote start, Banks 6 gun, and all the factory spaghetti, its going to be a long night. I'll post again in the a.m. providing I don't electrocute myself or drive off the road in complete blackness.

atk

Reaction score
well i hope you get it figured out, i don`t have any ideas right at the moment,
other then, gremlins....the starting on its own is weird....

maybe try and look at all the power junction blocks, could be corroded or loose connection....

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
I have had some experience with ground-shorting. Once the starter on my Peterbilt was ground-shorting while driving around Baltimore at rush-hour! It smelled like it was on fire!

If yours was ground-shorting, the starter would continue to spin...maybe until it burns itself up. Or, the starter would try spinning off and on while driving...as the ground hit the frame.

It sounds like it is simply starting itself, then the starter disengages as normal. My guess is that this is related to the auto-start. Either it is shorting, your remote is shorting (water in it?), or maybe you have RF interferance from a neighbor...

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i predict its alarm related...
drop the fuse panel under the steering wheel and look
for loose splices / connectors hanging off.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Gee, thanks, Moe. I'll keep an eye out for little green men if it happens again. Kleetus, were on the same page. I carry 2 extinguishers at all times and wouldn't have been surprised if it went up in smoke. Bush, truck has not had cab-off repairs and hasn't been in for any wiring recalls. This whole thing took place in less than a minute and I have never seen anything like it. I have looked at the grounds, wire harnesses, etc. Don't see anything scorched or loose. The truck starting itself was pretty interesting.

GEM module farting

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well, I disabled the alarm and auto start for openers. Gonna pull the main harnesses this morning and clean them up. Also gotta check main grounds. Living in the salt belt hasn't helped the under carriage any. Hey, JL, whats a GEM module and where does it live in the truck?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a F150 that did what, The dealer could not find the problem and it was a dealer buy back truck becouse of the problem. After I was almost killed by two rock trucks, becouse the truck cut out pulling out of a driveway. I was on the hunt to find the problem, well a day later I found it. It was the alarm system. I pulled the system and the truck does not cut out anymore. It was a viper alarm system to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg