Anyone own this 5th Wheel?

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a new 5th wheel, and came across the Keystone Mountaineer M-298 RLS. It is a 2006 model. 2007 models are 307RKD.
Anyone know if they are good or bad 5th wheels? Anyone have any experiance with these?

Thanks

Maxtor

COMPOSER

COMPOSER
Reaction score
Keystone is not a bad unit. Just look at the cabinetry. Thats a good tailtale of the craftsmanship. I work for the largest RV dealer in the country. Just remember that it is a box on a trailer. But stick with 5th wheels and not a trailer trailer.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Maxtor said:
Anyone know if they are good or bad 5th wheels? Anyone have any experiance with these?

Thanks

Maxtor

Keystone makes a respectable quality 5th wheel. But this is all relative and this is why.

All RV's arrive at the dealership with various workmanship/ material problems. Even a marginal dealer will perform a "Pre-delivery" inspection to identify as many of these problems as possible. Once identified, those problems will be fixed by the dealership in order to have the unit in as close to a "defect free" condition as possible for the buyer. How much work has to be done depends on the condition of the RV and how thorough the service technician is. But certain brands do require more work than others. Keystone is not part of that group and that is pretty much the bottom line.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wildcat 5th wheel

Thanks for the info....

Just came back from looking at a 2007 Wildcat 28RK , rear kitchen and 30 ft. long. Of course the salesman says that it is a step above the Keystone Cougar 5th wheel. It did look good, and it is about the same price as the Cougar. Anyone have experiance with the Wildcat?
Actually my wife looked at the inside and I looked at the outside. (I still can not go up the steps).

Thanks

Oboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bud of mine got the Keystone Cougar and has nothing but bad luck with it. It spent 10 months of its first year at the dealer. The dealer nor Keystone would just give him a new one and in New Mexico the Lemon law is a lemon! I personally will never get a thing from Keystone!

Mark

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HiJack

Compser & Tail Gunner,

I'm looking at pickup campers. The two choices so far are Host and Okanagan. I'd like to know what you think of them. Please send me a PM if you don't want to post.

Thanks!

HiJack off...
:sorry

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tail_Gunner said:
Keystone makes a respectable quality 5th wheel. But this is all relative and this is why.

All RV's arrive at the dealership with various workmanship/ material problems. Even a marginal dealer will perform a "Pre-delivery" inspection to identify as many of these problems as possible. Once identified, those problems will be fixed by the dealership in order to have the unit in as close to a "defect free" condition as possible for the buyer. How much work has to be done depends on the condition of the RV and how thorough the service technician is. But certain brands do require more work than others. Keystone is not part of that group and that is pretty much the bottom line.

I TOTALY agree with Tail_Gunner.

We have an 02 Montana 30RL (by Keystone). We have not had ONE problem with it. Been Coast to Coast twice and have an estamated 50,000 towed miles, total. One set of tires. Thats it. I'm gune tote this Keystone FW... til' I can't tote nomo. Good product & workmanship.

Everything is relivent.. to a point. I know RV'rs with 3-400,000 dollar rigs that have had nothing but head-achs with'm. One freind has a 1974 TT.. NOT ONE problem, other than routine, age related, replacement of component parts'n pieces.

The DEALER is the KEY.

:dunno I Stay away from Silk shirts, Double pleated pants, Alligator shoes and $50.00Haircuts ;) :roflmao ;)

Joe

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
Key Stone is not the top of the line RV. I havn't had one myself but I did look at them while out RV shopping. I ended up buying a Jayco. To me the Jayco is built alot better and stronger. Some of these RV companies put tape on the wood work to make them look like real wood. I know for a fact that the cabnets and things in a Jayco are all solid wood.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of good RV's out there and I now have my 2nd NUWA HitchHiker. They weigh a lot and they cost a lot of money, but I am pleased with them so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14