Anyone running these Recon Big Rig running lights?

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a set on my truck for a couple of months now. Really easy to install- just three wires: one ground, one for running lights, and one for turn signal. Really bright and look good! The only complaint I've had wasn't so much with the lights, but with people kicking and stomping on 'em when they get in the truck! I have running boards instead of the "nerf" style so I couldn't mount them on the lip under the cab. Every time you get in, you have to be careful not to knock the lights out of the brackets. If you have the nerf-style bars, you shouldn't have any problems. I say go for it!

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
EmptyDub, that truck of yours is screaming for some clearance lights! It would complete the look at night!

That is a great looking truck~ ;tu

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ken! Yeah, sometimes I get a little case of clearance-light-envy. I made up a wish-list of options that I wanted, and this truck had all of them, plus more! .... except clearance lights. :( I figured if that was the only thing missing, I was doing good!

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just purchased the Smoked LED Tail Lights, Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light, and the Smoked LED Mirror Lights.

I would like to put on some clearance lights, but almost everyone that I have talked to has said that it is a mistake to put them on if they didn't come from the factory. I have heard that the lights are likely to leak. Has anyone heard this or had the problem. If not, does anyone recommend a good shop in Houston to install them?

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
HELP!!!

OK, just got in my lights and started the install last night. But I can't seem to figure out how the get the side mirror lights in. Am I supposed to take of the back side of the mirror all together or does the light come out by itself?

The lights came with the directions, but all it basically says is that there are 3 clips on the lights and to be careful

PLEEEAAAAASE HELP...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58