Anyone using the 7.3 coolant filter kit from Bob Riley...

probear

Whoresetmytitle?
Reaction score
Pictures..finally....

Finally....here are the pictures of my installation. At the time these were taken, I was still using the regular coolant, prior to the Evans installation.
:sweet

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
probear said:
Finally....here are the pictures of my installation. At the time these were taken, I was still using the regular coolant, prior to the Evans installation.
:sweet
Looks nice, but how hard is it to get to that filter with it mounted there?

probear

Whoresetmytitle?
Reaction score
Not really too bad......The easiest and fastest way is to remove the battery, which should take all of a minute or so. I don't know how it would work with the later year combo air box/battery holder...(my truck has the early 99 air box, with a separate battery tray.)

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Yea I dont think it would work with the new box. I'm getting mine this week and may test fit it to see but I doubt it. I'm probably going to stick with mounting to the side of the box.

CPSS

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I installed mine a couple of years ago. I mounted mine with plastic Ty-wraps. when I need to change the filter, I snip the ty-wraps and lift up the filter and housing and hold it over a bucket. Any coolant that spills can simply be poured back in the tank. Change it when you notice the filter is not warm, or watch for the return flow into the tank.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg