Anyone with lift and tires?

Fourbynford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I recently bought an 2004 CC LB w/ the 6.0l. I have a couple of questions specifically to those that are running larger tires and a lift. The first question is what type of MPG's do you see with your set up? Mine is set up with a 6" RevTek Lift and 37 x 12.50/17" BFG MT's This weekend we went a little road trip and I averaged 14.7mpg's by the compu-tater. When I calculated by hand it came in at just over 16MPG. I know that given the larger tires my speedo and odometer are off about a 1/10th of a mile for distance traveled.

The second question is regarding the steering. It is difficult to turn the wheel while on pavement at a dead stop. If you roll it seems to turn ok. Do you guys see this same thing with the larger tires? I have heard by some that this is pretty typical of the newer Super Duties even with stock tires. What your experience?

Thanks,

Steven

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your steering is normal, do not turn your wheels while stopped. Your mileage is very good. And:welcome3 to SDD, glad you could join us.

Dave

Lifted94XLT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I only get about 11 in the city if I'm lucky. on the highway, I get about 12, once again, if I'm lucky. 4" lift, 35", and 3.73 gears.
--Ryan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14