APPLE SCRATTER (grinder)

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
so i started to build my hydrogen generator, but i only had 3 metal blades for the saw and stainless steel made short work of smoking them. so......i moved onto project number II...............

the apple scratter, so i can make some cider, hard cider, and apple jack.
this project is also referred to the "death machine of awesomeness".
i hope to be finished with it tomorrow or monday, so look forward to a youtube video of apple destruction at its best. :turbo

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
well i didnt finish it because i ended up playing with the bees with my dad, but i did get close. i just need to make a stand for it and attach the motor. :stir

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'm thinkin a 5 hp Briggs and a bigger feeder throat and you could have some real fun with that thing...... :D

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Ok........why does one need a machine to shred apples???

Zookie are you making cider for the whole neighborhood??? lol :D

Tbar

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
ok, its been a while but i had a free moment to do some more work on it. i actually have a test video that i will post a link to when i get around to loading it to youtube.

it has a few minor flaws.

i stupidly arranged all the screw rows in a line, so i need to add one staggered row of screws to keep things disturbed so the apples keep getting bit by the wheel. no big deal, 5 minute fix.

also i need to get some graphite and put it on my epay mahogany "bearing blocks" to alleviate a loud squeal it develops when the shaft starts to get warm. if all goes well i will eventually go purchase a set of real bearing blocks, but so far this build has been 100% free, so i just used the hardest wood i had and it actually slides surprisingly "friction free".

i ground up 2 apples and squeezed the juice from the pumice by hand, actually filled half a dixie cup.

Zookie are you making cider for the whole neighborhood??? lol
you may want to let me perfect the fermentation process before you try any!!! the fresh cider will be good for sure, but no garuntees on what it will taste like after i ferment it. it may take a few ruined batches to figure it out :stir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58