Arctic Cat make a diesel ATV, saw one today!

AlaskanSuperduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We have an international event up here called "Ice Art", and while my wife and I were walking around towing our daughters on a sled, my wife walked up to a the security dude on an Arctic Cat four wheeler to ask him something (I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying :innocent). Anyway, the four wheeler he was sitting on was idling and didn't sound quite right. I look at the four wheeler and the sticker on the side said "700 Diesel". I didn't even know they came out with a diesel 4 wheeler. I don't think I'd want one up here in the cold weather, but down on a farm with diesel tractors or equipment, it'd make perfect sense. Normally, there are fuel tanks full of diesel for the equipment, so why not the 4 wheeler? Here's a few links I found about 'em:

Arctic Cat - Past Models

Arctic Cat Releases Diesel Fueled ATV

(By the way, if this was reposted, my bad :sorry, but I searched and couldn't come up with anything!)

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
I wonder how crappy red fuel will mess with that engine.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how crappy red fuel will mess with that engine.

shouldnt be a problem givin' the fact that -->

The engine runs efficiently on six forms of diesel fuel (DF 1, DF 2, DF A Arctic,
JP 5, JP 8 and Bio Diesel) with a glow plug pre-heater assist for starting.

how long has Kawasaki has been making diesel mules ?

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Polaris tried this about 10 years ago. Hopefully the Cat will work out better than that experiment did.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
it will, i have faith. im waiting for fiesels to come into the racing end of things, i might try something if i ever have some money and get bored. :)

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
So, Zook, whadda ya think about the Thundercat 1000c.c.? [sorry about the hi-jack]

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i have wanted a thundercat for quite some time! i have never ridden one but i heard they are a touch heavy for the trails, but insane on wide open lakes and such. there is something about 3 cylinders with 3 carbs that makes it irresistable!
WAIT.......YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE QUAD.......havent had my butt on one but i think it could pull a superduty backwards!!! i have always loved the AC utility quads, i think they are the BEST! even the smaller cc machines handle a serious beating. compared to junk yami's. (no offense to all the yamaha lovers :) im just not one of them ;) )

as for my diesel quad idea....i havent looked into what Ac did with thiers, but i was thinking it would be fairly easy to make an injection system for a single cylinder atv engine. i was thinking a unit injector that runs on a cam lobed flywheel would be the easiest. the electronics i would need to pay someone to make an ecm for it. getting it to rev to 10,000+ would be the hardest part i think.

ALASKA- did you see this thing in action at all?

Last edited:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
iirc: i read in one of the past diesel power mags about a blurb on a diesel 4wheeler.....

than again, i could be off my rocker..i'll have to go thumbing back thru them..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl