Question Are the radiator supports the same on gas and diesel powered 96’s.

Reaction score
I am trying to verify some information I received about the radiator supports on the 92 through 98 body style. I am working with a 96 gas powered F250. I need to know if the radiator support in that gas powered 250 is different from its 7.3 counterpart. I am going to perform a diesel conversion on my wife’s’ truck when I return home and I would like to know if I should start looking for a good radiator support.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I am trying to verify some information I received about the radiator supports on the 92 through 98 body style. I am working with a 96 gas powered F250. I need to know if the radiator support in that gas powered 250 is different from its 7.3 counterpart. I am going to perform a diesel conversion on my wife’s’ truck when I return home and I would like to know if I should start looking for a good radiator support.

I wouldn't think so, because it'd be an absolute nightmare if some jackass built the wrong one in a body on the assembly line..

What engine are you going to swap into it?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yeah, all you're really going to need is to know how far apart the mounts are, what sides you want the upper and lower hoses on, how thick and how tall you need it..
radiator shops have a book that lists them by those dimensions

-edit-
better Idea..
call somebody that does those swaps, and see what make and # radiator they use.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
I already know which radiator I want to use. I want to use a stock 7.3 radiator. I want to use as many stock parts as I can.

Minus the engine of course.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I already know which radiator I want to use. I want to use a stock 7.3 radiator. I want to use as many stock parts as I can.

Minus the engine of course.

no, Bro... it's not what radiator you WANT to use, it's what radiator you NEED to use...

you need to get you head under a couple years of D.. Da... Duh... DODges and see how the hoses run in comparison..

Reaction score
I did notice how the hoses are ran. And if my untested idea will work I think I have a good solution. But I really have to do a mock up to know.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score

Totally different animals.;tu The diesel core support is bigger than a gasser.

atk

Reaction score
Totally different animals.;tu The diesel core support is bigger than a gasser.

what he said...also the front bumper is a bit different too. it has opening in the front bumper to let more air flow to the rad for diesels, but you may know this already.....keep us posted when you do this swap

Reaction score
Thanks. I have the bumper covered but the support issue had me stumped. Now, I need some part numbers. Or, I have to find out if there is a difference in the 96 compared to the other similar year breaks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14