Article on Diesel fuel in Car & Driver...

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
it was kind of depressing. :( It talked about tougher regulations for Diesels, and rising prices of diesel fuel thru 2006. Most every other country has diesel fuel 10 to 40 percent cheaper than gas. I may be mistaken but isn't diesel a by-product from refining petroleum. :confused: -mad :dunno

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DTZL

Yeah, it is from the bottom of the barrel, during the winter, heating oil competes with it production wise.
But, I think we are being ripped off now, now way should it cost more than regular.
It is down to about $1.45 here in No. Ca.

Last edited:

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
w0w, would love to find it that cheap. Its 2.15-2.85 depending on if your in new orleans (cheaper) or seattle (spendier)

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Its .20 higher that regular around here, basically the same price as the premieum gas. Depending on what side of the state line your on, Missouri side its $2.10 to $2.20 and for those of us on the Kansas side its $2.19 to $2.26. I just filled up Sunday and got it for $2.23 at the place down the street from my house. I could drive to get it cheaper but use up the savings in getting there so I just pay the extra couple cents. I try and fill up at 1/2 tank but this time I didnt so it was almost a full tank, $84.00 plus $4.00 bottle of diesel kleen. Looks like Ill be livin off Tuna helper and macaroni & cheese this week :p

Vindicator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its ridiculous -mad ...big business is making a killing off us! They raise it to almost $3/gal, drop it to $2.75 and say thats a deal! I'm sick of it! First it was regular gas, then someone in their "conference" suggested they mind as well raise diesel as well. Go figure, we lose! Going on a "fuel strikes" proves useless as the fuel is raised before and after the days of a "fuel strike." We gotta go after big fish so they can lobby our concerns. Start with pressuring our Assemblyman/woman...If they can't get our concerns across, then we elect someone until they do...Same with our congress people and our own Dub-Ya!

VIZARD

"Saddle up!"
Reaction score
What drchris1024 failed to mention is that gas in most of those other countries is up wards of $ 5.00 / gal. Some are more. Still makes diesel pretty pricey.

The bad news is, it ain't gonna get better.

IMO: The diesel mfgs are going to have to address the MPG issues or they will all lose the casual diesel buyer that has driven the domestic diesel market for the past few years.

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
VIZARD said:
What drchris1024 failed to mention is that gas in most of those other countries is up wards of $ 5.00 / gal. Some are more. Still makes diesel pretty pricey.

The bad news is, it ain't gonna get better.

IMO: The diesel mfgs are going to have to address the MPG issues or they will all lose the casual diesel buyer that has driven the domestic diesel market for the past few years.

its .05 a gallon in the middle east.. i say lets all run bio and let them eat that sand they live on... give a farmer a job instead of :D nevermind

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58