At 233K, suggestions on what to replace??

Hooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 233K on my truck and no intension of replacing it yet, what critical items should I be looking at replacing (on my schedule, not a roadside
break down). I've already done the water pump, alternator, starter, starter relay and belts/rad. hoses. Oh, and the trans. I don't know what type of life expectancy the HPOP, injectors (I did the harnesses under the VCs), etc. I want to avoid any break downs if possible. Your thoughts and suggestions
are appreciated.

Tim

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
well I have 225*** and have done 2 alt. 1 water pump, ball joints, and tie rods and rear brakes 2 times fronts 1 time, a cps @180*** and a clutch thats all so far. I drive it like I stole it daily. some guys have 500*** + on injectors. I'm a firm believer in if it ain't broke don't mess with it and don't jinks it.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The HPOP should not fail in a drastic manner. It is one of those things that gets weaker over time, so you will have notice. Looks like you have it covered, and as jestersy said...

Dave

Hooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I don't drive it quite like I stole it, but I do use it and expect it to be reliable. The only other thing that came to mind was the electric fuel
pump. I know you don't have a crystal ball but.... what do ya think??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14