ATF and FuelFilter pictures, look normal?

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
All I did was pull the stick out slap it on the papertowel and hold it with my left hand and snap a picture.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/549735760/2199426360089393685wSdwgS

Here is the fuel filter that I just pulled out, looks much blacker then the one I put in lol but is this normal looking?
http://community.webshots.com/photo/549735760/2434750550089393685IfMugf

The main reason I'm asking is because when I bought the truck, the guy said it had been dealer maintained and the person got rid of it b/c the warranty was up... I got it at 103,000 miles. After researching on diesel sites I'm thinking he was more full of &$*# then knowledge about my truck. (Told me the batteries were newer, they are failing) tires were not at 80%... more like 15%, and I'm just double checking everything asap! thanks in advance.

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
When i bought my truck at 120k the guy at the car lot said that everything had been changed filters and oil. When i got home i already had the filters and oil waiting but it was dark so i changes it like 5 days later and what a bunch of BS the fuel filter was as black as coal and the oil looked ok but it got changed, but when i saw the fuel filter i was pissed, at that guy saying the changed everything.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Check your fuel filter again in a month or two, if its balck as coal again you might have an injector o-ring issue starting to develop.

My engine oil gets black fast as well, the HPO reservoir seems to speed the rate at which the engine oil gets black. Unless you are one of the few that evacuate the HPO reservoir each oil change.

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel fiilter could be a bacteria build up too, that happens alot, i'm goin through that with mine right now, got the additive, just gotta get another fuel filter cause when you drop the additive in you gotta change the filter again cause it loosens alllll the junk up in your tank and lines and clogs the filter again......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58