atf

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
weekly psa notice!!!!

just read in Dec. issue of DP that in Jan. they will be doing an article on the testing of using atf as an additive for mileage gains and savings at the pump..

might be worth checking out??:dunno

dpantazis

Reaction score
DP is not worth the paper its printed on. I would not wipe my butt with it either.
save you money and buy 2 stroke oil instead.

we used to add a little bit like we do with 2 cycle oil- but the unknown in used ATF is the contamination that it leaves behind. can we say plugged injectors?

do some reading here on people's experience with it. i bet even the baddly written posts will be better reads than that piece of trash magazine.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The friction modifiers that are in AFT are NOT GOOD for injectors. Like running sandpaper and other chemicals through the injectors. Stick with straight oil, like 2 cycle oil. Hell, it is your truck so you can run anything you want.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The friction modifiers that are in AFT are NOT GOOD for injectors. Like running sandpaper and other chemicals through the injectors. Stick with straight oil, like 2 cycle oil. Hell, it is your truck so you can run anything you want.

Dave

X2 ;tu

As most know, I used the 2 cycle oil Religiously on our 12K mile trip.. (except for the time I thought I might be get a little "rich" on the mix). I'm a Firm believer in its use.

Without getting into molecular structure, it's always been my simple belief that all ATF is, is a High Detergent 10-10 hydraulic fluid with the friction modifiers.. The high detergent & friction modifiers is what bothers me about using it as an additive, in dezel fuel. In our older engines anyway.

My .03

Joe

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
cheezus, back down fellas-

i am not saying i was/is/want to run it in my truck. just merely passing along info. that they will be doing some testing on it and i thought people may be interested if they would like to check it out next month...thats all..:(

dpantazis

Reaction score
red-

i was reacting to the notion that DP would even run such a test and present it. its too bad that DP is so consistently irresponsible.

i did not mean to give you the idea that i was bashing you. please accept my apology if i gave you that impression.

as you can see by the other peoples reactions, adding ATF to diesel is a known evil. friends don;t let friends put ATF in their tank. running 2 cycle is much better for your truck.

now if you were telling us that DP was going to do story on something like Diesel Girls Bikini Contest, now THAT would have my attention!

dp

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
red-

i was reacting to the notion that DP would even run such a test and present it. its too bad that DP is so consistently irresponsible.

i did not mean to give you the idea that i was bashing you. please accept my apology if i gave you that impression.

as you can see by the other peoples reactions, adding ATF to diesel is a known evil. friends don;t let friends put ATF in their tank. running 2 cycle is much better for your truck.

now if you were telling us that DP was going to do story on something like Diesel Girls Bikini Contest, now THAT would have my attention!

dp

x2 Red.. In NO Way did I mean any Harm nor Foul.. at you, either.

Big Joe don play dat way ;):D:lmao

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
its all good in the hood...:sweet

i have tough callus skin...

are they doing a bikini contest?????:innocent:lmao

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members