ATLANTA and the surrounding area

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best of luck on the interview hopefully this guy will get the job supposing that he's interested.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Columbus "1 hour from Atlanta?"

DrChris, does your truck have wings and land at Hartsfield? That's the ONLY way I could see making it from Columbus to Atlanta in an hour. TWO hours with good traffic and bending the speed limit, maybe. Perhaps a slip of the fingers on the keyboard? :confused:

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
The Varsity

After the interview, I suggest your friend stop by "The Varsity" near the Georgia Tech campus. A local landmark, burgers, fries, onion rings, fried fruit pies and Atlanta's own Coca-Cola. Inexpensive, fun atmosphere, variety of patrons from working stiffs to businessmen. Known as "The World's Largest Drive In" but there is more indoor seating than drive up dining. :thumbs

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
After the interview, I suggest your friend stop by "The Varsity" near the Georgia Tech campus. A local landmark, burgers, fries, onion rings, fried fruit pies and Atlanta's own Coca-Cola. Inexpensive, fun atmosphere, variety of patrons from working stiffs to businessmen. Known as "The World's Largest Drive In" but there is more indoor seating than drive up dining. :thumbs

Richard that's not the best advise to give someone who may be eating and driving, immodium takes time to work :eek: :roflmao just pokin at ya :D

I have made the Smyrna to Columbus run in 1.5 hrs taking my time but it's a dang boring ride that's fer sure.

Stone Mountain to Midtown is not going to be a fun ride, I would suggest your friend look around Marietta, Smyrna, Dunwoody( a little pricey), East Cobb county even.

Let us know how it turns out for him and if there's anything us good ole Suthern Boys can help him out with.

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
Much appreciated. He tells me a quarter mil will buy him a crack house dump in Druid Hills.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
JIM_C said:
Much appreciated. He tells me a quarter mil will buy him a crack house dump in Druid Hills.

Yep sure will, at the end of my street they're building 7 400k+ homes on a 5 acre lot and 1 street over they're in the process of buldozing an old mobile home park for, get this................a subdivision of 700k+ homes.

If somebody had told me 10 years ago that Smyrna would have these types of homes I would have laughed my azz off.

Just helps my property value I guess.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, it helps the taxing authorities get more of your money to waste :)

Used to be friends with a georgia peach from Smyrna I met in Panama City in College...

remembe flying in to visit her and got into the worst ICE storm I've ever seen when driving to her place...
dang - are there ANY flat places in acklanta ?>>>!!! :)

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I bet you enjoyed laughing @ folks in the ice storm I sure do every time it happens. Oh and the flat spots are @ the bottom of the hills and they tend to be rather small.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58