ATTN MASTER FORD MECHANIC(S) HELP

aldo_45030

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 tuarus SHO, it has started having issues with hard starting and rough idle if it will at all. This is random and has thrown some codes PO411 & PO402. I have read what the description is for the codes but where to start and what to do i have no clue at this point. Any help or pointers is appreciated.:thanks

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
those are both EGR codes...
I've seen some issues with the EGR valves sticking, and yeah, your symptoms fit...

I'd pull the EGR and clean all of the black cheese out of it, and lube it up with a super penetrant like B'Laster or Mag 1... umm...

wait a minute, you said SHO...

pack a lunch. Those are a jewel to get at...

aldo_45030

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so does the air pump ..... i looked into it a little i see the pully for the air pump is tilting at a 30°angle away from the other ones. If it is broke or not pumping can that cause the same issues?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i had an old f150 that used to throw egr codes...i spent the money
w/ alldata.com to diagnose/locate the egr...the diagnoses said the
hose was off & i thought bs !

sure enough i went out and check...the hose was off...i finally had
to ZIP tie the hose on (kept slipping off).

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
so does the air pump ..... i looked into it a little i see the pully for the air pump is tilting at a 30°angle away from the other ones. If it is broke or not pumping can that cause the same issues?

that will throw the secondary air code, but it woun't cause the running like poop or the no start...

aldo_45030

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pulley is the belt tensioner oh boy that looks like fun ....have not had the chance to look at the egr system yet. by the time the wife gets home the car takes forever to cool off when its 90+° outside .....

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
make sure you get all the info you can on those codes.i had a tbird that kept comeing up with EGR codes.sometimes a faulty TPS,egr,O2 sensor can cause those codes.i never did find out what the problem was,new tps,new O2 sensor,new egr valve,new egr sensor.i ended up scrapping it.got tired of spending money on it only to have it do the same thing all the time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14