Auto Enginuity

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all can anyone tell me if they have used a Auto Enginuity on a 2002 7.3L powerstroke and what can it tell you about your truck as i am thinking of getting one,Thanks

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well worth the $$$ it can read anything from 96 and newer..you need the ford bundle to read diesel thow...
i have AE and i love it...

What AutoEnginuity's Scan Tool can do:
Save, print, read and clear Stored and Pending P, U, B, and C Trouble Codes. Supporting P0 - P9 generic and manufacturer specific codes including the new lettered codes (P06A0)
The largest manufacturer specific trouble code library of all PC/PDA-based scan tools (16,000+)
Read and clear Freeze Frame data
View live vehicle sensors in a meter, graph, or grid format.
View oxygen sensor live data and test results.
View all 11 Inspection/Maintenance systems and Mode 6 data.
Unlimited logging of live vehicle sensors in TXT, XML or CSV format (1ms logging accuracy)
Playback your datalogs for offline analysis.
Run and query specific component and system tests. Support for generic and enhanced bi-directional tests.
View generic and manufacturer enhanced data on the same tool.
English or Metric (SI) units of measure supported.
Configure your sensors' ranges, scaling value, audible alert triggers, units, and sampling rate.
Savable configurations. Set up the interface to suit your preferences and save it so you never have to do it again.
Supports 1996 and newer passenger vehicles, whether it be domestic, Asian, or European.
SAE interfaces: J1850 (PWM and VPM), ISO-9141-2, ISO-14230 [KWP2000], and CAN (11bit and 29bit)
Support AutoEnginuity offers that the others don’t:
True Plug-n-Play USB 2.0 interface1
Factory scan tool options available (not included in base kit)
All generic scan tools can only access the powertrain, no matter what SAE Modes (J1979/J2190) they use for communication. With our expansions, you can access dozens of systems (ABS, transmission, GEM, SRS/Airbags, Instrument Cluster, etc.) generic scan tools can't even see. This gives you access to thousands of sensors and dozens of bi-directional controls/system tests. This enhanced support is available for Ford, GM, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, BMW, Land Rover, Honda, and Chrysler.
Bi-directional support. You have the ability to initiate system and component tests.2
Mode 6 support. If a system test fails, now you can see the results from the failing component; not just the system. Our Mode 6 data is fully translated so you don't have to waste hours looking up the scale and definitions.2
Mode 9 support. Full ECM information including CAL, CVN, and VIN reporting.
Support for CAN and even the CAN 6x Mode3
KWP2000 support and CAN (optional) support.1
Support for the new extended sensor list (83 sensors--supporting the EOBD 2005 additions).
ALL the OBD-II vehicle interfaces in a single cable, rugged case. This is a savings of hundreds of dollars over the competitors' units.
Enhanced Interfaces Available with the AutoEnginuity ScanTool:

Enhanced Ford Interface (1994+) - included in "Total Ford Bundle"
(Required for use with Powerstroke applications)

Although Ford does implement the largest subset of the OBDII standard compared to any other manufacturer, the typical vehicle only supports 20 - 40 sensors and is limited to emissions powertrain. Using the enhanced Ford interface, a typical Ford vehicle will support 200 - 300 sensors within half a dozen systems; that's essential systems like ABS, airbags, GEM, etc.

The AE enhanced Ford interface coverage is only matched by factory tools; we have support for 2800+ sensors selected from all 68 systems. The Ford enhanced interface has support for Ford of Europe models such as Ka, Mondo, Galaxy, Fairlane, etc. Finally, our Ford enhanced has support for bi-directional commands and system level tests. With bi-directional controls, you will no longer be relegated to being just an observer in the operation of the vehicle--now you can take control of its operation.

System Tests:

KOEO
KOER
EVAP Bay Test
Service Bleed
Buzz Injector
Cylinder Contribution Test
Switch
Glow Plug Test
System Self-Test
Hi Speed Fan
Lo Speed Fan
KAM Reset
Power Seat Calibration Test
Audio Network Communication Test
Vehicle In-Motion IO Test
Front Wiper Self-Test
Rear Wiper Self-Test
All Outputs On/Off

you can even change tire size on the PCM to corect the spedo..

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have been using AE for 6 years now and I love it! Very good tool and fun to play with also.

Dave

bigb56

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I got it for my 2002 and I love it. I've used it to fix my Park Aid and my 4x4. You do need a set of factory service manuals in conjunction with the info that AE gives you.
I've used it to help my BIL with his 05 6.0, and my Dad's Marquis.

I got a mount for my mini acer and adapted it to fit the dash pocket:
P9200002.jpg

Here's some live monitoring:

P9200005.jpg

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You have to select your truck and engine/tranny combination for the AE program to see it correctly. I have not had any problems with AE reading my truck or a 7.3 truck that I have scanned. The only down side is you have to own a laptop computer.

Dave

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
I havent used AE but am considering it. I do however love my 02. I bought it brand new with 4 miles on the clock. It now has over 100k and has been one of the most reliable trucks I have ever owned. I plan on keeping it for at least another 100k
Ken

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Good

I got a update , i had to download the 8.1 ver and new codes and i have to say Wow looks great ( Big thanks to Beevo from AE for helping me get it working) all i have to do now is work out how to use it .:clap:

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
ok taxes are coming soon and this is "the year of the truck" so I will be picking up one of these. But where do I get it? is there a sponsor from here that carries it?

thanks guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58