auto meter boost gauge connection

errol

Reaction score
K guys I need some help, When I got my gauges, the boost gauge had only a couple of brass fittings I guess to be installed by drilling and tapping. the directions also showed a T-fitting (plastic) 1/2"x with a threaded 3rd end of the fitting, but non was in the pkg. So I took off to Napa store, only thing I could find was a universal T, (looks like crap!) 1/2to a 1/8. I finally got the tubing to stay on by tapeing. Any suggestions ? besides drilling and tapping thanks

errol

Reaction score
t-fitting

:doh: k DPANTAZIS, I have the instructions already , but I cant find anywhere to get the T-fitting it is showing with the threaded part , so where can this be purchased? It didnt come with the gauge, and I have looked in every auto store here. thanks

dpantazis

Reaction score
are these compressions fittings that you got? one should go to the back of the gauge. the others are probably 1/8npt compression for the other end of the sensor tube and a 1/8 to 1/4 npt reducer.

you could go to lowes and get a barbed fitting or to the auto parts store and get a vacuum fitting in the size you need.

i think you will need a 1/4" barb for the MAP sensor tubing you cut by whatever you have for boost tubing. it might be 1/16 tubing.

dennis

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the plastic T-Fitting is spliced into the MAP line...and its a source of
buzzing and jittery gauges....most dont like it after theyve done it.

the BEST locatation is to tap the elbow...youll get more accurate readings
and theyll be completely SILENT and SMOOTH (gauge in the cab)

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the drilling and tap method. You will be much happier after you have done it that way. I spliced mine into the MAP line and it is quite annoying trying to read it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58