Auto sound leveling radio

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I have the low end ford radio on my truck, I find I have to raise and lower the sound level when I drive around. My Past truck had auto leveling with incab sound level detection. Does ford radio models have this type of radio or should I look for an after market unit that does have it, Its getting borring to have to change the level everytime I open the windows or change RPMs.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 had the auto wolume control in the stock radio I could not stand it and replaced it with a pioneer. You may be able to find one on ebay or maybe a junk yard some owners dont know about it because it is a setting on the radio. Cheak your owners manual. Sorry but I sold mine on ebay a year ago for $20.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Which stereo you have? I believe the cassette/CD and 6-CD models have the speed sensitive volume feature on the 2005's.

To find out push "Menu" then scroll with the up/down arrows to speed volume then with the right/left arrows increase the number to how much you desire the volume to go up as the speed increases. I've found that 2-3 is optimum for our Excursion.

Hope that helps some:sweet

05oneton

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 with the speed volume thing, but mine is the Lariat. The place to find out if you have it is to cycle through the settings (where the bass, treble, balance and fade would be) but only if they are all controlled through one button. if they are there should be a setting in there you can adjust to have the volume keep up with the speed....hopefully. I don't know how stock the radio can get.:dunno

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have that feature in my 06 wit 6 disc cd...i turned the feature off and have it where i have 2 control it...i think its annoyin !!!

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Thanks for the info this is a great value to me. My radio is just the low level one without the CD, I guess i will have to upgrade. We never need the CD because we like to listen to local radio of everywhere we travel to. so i though I could do with the radio only. I do miss the feature of the noise leveling

Reaction score
I know that mine turns up when the truck is running rather than just sitting there don know if thats what you was talkin bout its the cd and tape.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I was looking on EBay for some radios that are possibly Hi End like CD MP3, I am begining to learn the models. I guess the 6 speaker models are the ones with this option. No aftermarket units have this option.

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
Ofcourse they do.

Hell, Clarion had this option in their AutoPC decks way back in 2001.

There are other manufacturers out there that have this option, though frankly I never cared much for it to remember which ones they were.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58