AutoEnginuity on a 1995?

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently I inquired about buying the AutoEnginuity system. I have a 1995 and my son has a 2000, and I was told that they have been having problems with it on readings on the 1995's. The product paperwork says the Ford package is good for 95's and up. Does anyone have experience using it on their 95 model PSD?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thing to remember is that ODB2 didnt become a federally mandated
standard until the 96 model year....doesnt necessarily help you but
it might give you some insight.

Radarman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '95 with a mle1 burn in it. My Alex Pepper reads it fine, although I have to manually associate a PCM output to a function. Maybe it is just me.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
I've used EASE for quite awhile now. Recently got Alex Pepers but haven't run it through it's paces.

I haven't tried the Autoenginuity but if it supports Ford Enhanced DTC's and has the Diesel info then it should work as well as EASE I would think

Most all the PSD's will have an active OBDII port, except some rare early 94's. Several Ford models had OBDII from 94 on, but may not support generic codes, just manufacturer specific, till '96.

These type scanners only do as much as the PCM lets them. Assuming they have been programed to understand what the specific PCM they are connected to supports. Early trucks give alot less data and test capabilty compared to later years.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14