Autoenginuity opinions

DieselDo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading my OBDII code scanner and was looking into the autoenginuity system. The one I have now will only read codes, view freeze frame data, clear codes and reset the MIL. It'd be nice to have something that could view live sensor data, do a buzz test, reset tire size ect. 2 questions, first opinions form owners or users of this system good / bad /ugly ?, and second, do I need to buy an entire second setup for chrysler products or just software?

Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have had AE since before my 2004 truck was delivered. I like it very much and use it on other vehicles. We have two Toyotas and my Ford truck. You can get the basic code reading with the basic tool, and the Enhanced code reading if you get the Optional package fro your make. I had to buy the Ford and Toyota packages. This is NOT a cheap tool, but you get what you pay for. And they have other programs that let you race yourself over a given distance.

Dave ;tu

DieselDo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If I under stand you correctly, the basic reader will read codes from any car, but to use the enhanced abilities I'd have to have the add on package. I only ask because the only vehicle I'd need enhanced for is my for 7.3L.

I looked at some of their prices and $400 doesnt sound bad for that kind of ability. I paid $129 for the one I have now and it cant do 1/10 of that.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to call them. Tell them what your trying to get to and they will tell you if there system will get to it. I have the AE system and there is only a few places I cant get too on my 6.0.

DieselDo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, its much apperciated. I think when the time comes to call them, I'll make sure it can do most if not all what I want and it looks like I might just go with the ford enhanced bundle. No real need to have the chrysler, I don't work on that one much anyway. Now my 7.3l, that's my baby, nobody work on her but me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58