AutoEnginuity To The Rescue - or - How I Saved $1500.00

Reaction score
My boss - being the tightwad that he is - is in the habit of buying older trucks for our guys to drive around in (contractor). Anyway, our 94 F250 appears to have have dropped a cyclinder so he said to be on the lookout for a replacement.

So I see this 97 F350 Reg Cab 4x sitting not to far from my home the other day. It's got a tag on it for $7500.00 so I pull in to check it out. Looks pretty good - minor damage to the front corner headlight trim and of course a tailgate would be needed. Inside will need a seat cover and re-glue some trim here and there.

So the guy comes out - He turns the key and she fires right up - sounds good . We talk and then I ask him if minds if I hook my "tester" to it. No problems he says. So I hook up the old AutoEnginuity and tell him just to sit there and don't worry about what happens next :D

So I start it up - it's pulling codes, buzzing the injectors, testing glow plugs, etc etc. He is just kind of stiffened up when it took over and started raising the idle up and down ;)

So we get done - I show him all the codes it brought up - CPS, EPS, etc etc - he looks at me and says - "So - how about if I drop the price down to say 6000.00?"

Sold - $500 deposit - Pick her next week. :D

AutoEnginuity :thumbs :thumbs

Ron

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
o0o0o very nice, he should just buy like 99 xl's-xlt's, they're perfect work mules for decent money

NFA Fun

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Jay's software put FMC in their place when they kept dickin me around about my exhaust on my truck.

BTW, good find on the truck and the extra $$$

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14