Autoenginuity

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I finally got the latest Autoenginuity program and hook-up for my laptop. I have played around with it and I really like it. I like the way you can save all of the info on a scan to disc. I like the timed quater mile and dyno program. This is much more complex than I had imagined. NO, it isn't for loan.:sorry

Dave:sweet :D

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
DaveBen, what version is being shipped now? If it's not 4.3 go to download the update.:sweet

Also the Speedtracer dyno program isn't very accurate that I can tell. One night it told me I had 438HP and 878TQ, another night it told me 1035HP and over 1700TQ.:dunno The 0-60mph and 1/4 mile measurements work good though.

Have fun with your new program!:thumbs

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
... One night it told me I had 438HP and 878TQ, another night it told me 1035HP and over 1700TQ.:dunno ...

I had similar results with what EASE reported, whenever I played with the EOT mod. The scantools pretty much just work with what the PCM reports, so if anything throws the variables outside of what is expected, it's going to give wacko calculations. Probably only get accurate HP and TQ results from a stock truck no chip. The timed measurements should be accurate, as there are really no variables changing till you approach the speed of light...

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
DaveBen, what version is being shipped now? If it's not 4.3 go to download the update.:sweet

Also the Speedtracer dyno program isn't very accurate that I can tell. One night it told me I had 438HP and 878TQ, another night it told me 1035HP and over 1700TQ.:dunno The 0-60mph and 1/4 mile measurements work good though.

Have fun with your new program!:thumbs
\Yes it is 4.3. I did a dyno run and got 355 hp and 505TQ so it is in the ball park. I know I didn't do it exactly correct so I am going to run it again. I did not get a 1/4 mile time. Ran up on a car in front of me.

Dave

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I inquired about buying the program for use on my 1995, 1999, and a 2000 PSD and was told they were having some kind of problems with it reading correctly on some 1995 PSDs. Does anyone have any feedback on problems with 1995 models?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ODB2 didnt become a "standard" until the 96 mod. year...before that
every mfg made their own interface and coding standard...

4drdually

Wrench Head
Reaction score
True, but all "powerstrokes" are obd-II. The same computer was used on the 94.5 powerstrokes on up. Ford kinda had the jump on the technology stuff. Rather Navistar did, Ford can't build computers.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Actually, several Ford gas models back to 94 also had OBDII, but since the standard wasn't in effect till 96, they weren't all 100% compliant with the generic codes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58