Automated BioDiesel Processor

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I was browsing Graydon's site and don't know how I missed it before but it seems he has an automated BioDiesel processors available:D :sweet

Sure'd save alot of the time involved with various processor setups:sly

Here's a Linky to check it out.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
They say you can make bioD for less than a buck BUT don't forget to amortize the cost of the pricey processor. The gallon unit cost is way more than a buck. I spoke to one of the engineers who designed the unit and asked if it produces ASTM quality fuel. The answer was NO. :eek: I think I'll stick to WVO. Thanks but no thanks.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The price was what I suspected but it's pretty cool nonetheless:D I'd like to see one working tho:sweet

I look towards moving our new BioDiesel processor to a friends place this summer as he offered to host it's operations there since I'm very room space limited here for full capacity brewing :cool:

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. If your truck or car can handle the WVO stick with it. My wifes 2006 TDI another question. But still not worth it for me to brew with little space.

Ohh by the way don't mix diesel and WVO together if you live in NC. I found out the very hard way that they use parafin (or however you spell it) wax over here. YIKES!! My mercedes and I are going to get to spend some time together this weekend.:eek: We already did on the side of the road.....TWICE.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I spoke to one of the engineers who designed the unit and asked if it produces ASTM quality fuel. The answer was NO. :eek:

That's not good!:cussing: If we want widespread approval of BD all processors sold need to produce ASTM quality fuel.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree on ASTM as the key to getting quality BD. That is why we have engineering standards! :D

But note it is buyer beware in some states. Our state Div of Ag currently cannot handle regular BD testing, only on complaint. Then it is a bit too late for you. Don't know about other states but I imagine similar problems exist.

Kelly Hancock

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see one working tho:sweet

Bill. I spoke with Graydon in person three weeks ago about this processor. He loves it, then again he is a distributor. I cant affort $8000. He says you basically add the oil, the methanol and catalyst, turn it on and walk away. Come back in two days and it is washed, dryed, and ready to pump. I told him the thing costs way to much. He agreed but in time they will come down. How long? Who knows. There is a video on his website that shows him operating the machine and describing what it does. If you cant find it let me know and I will see if I can dig it up for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14