Automatic Locking Hubs

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are having trouble with the OEM auto locking hubs on a 2000 F350 Dually 4X4. My son want to keep it automatic if possible, but we may need to be looking at something different. Any suggestions on what to be looking at. I understand that Warn hubs will only work on single wheel trucks.(Per Warn Website)

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You have single wheel on the front end of your truck. Put them on and lock them when you think you might need them. I have been doing that for 33 years now (I do have manual transfer case). I have never liked the idea of "Automatic" hubs.

Dave

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
Hmmmm not sure why Warn would differeniate between SRW and DRW Ford doesn't :dunno

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dale_Lakin said:
Hmmmm not sure why Warn would differeniate between SRW and DRW Ford doesn't :dunno
Dale, You would sure know more about it than me but, on the F350 4X4 dually it has an extra hub on the front axle. The locking hub goes down inside a "sleeve" about 2 inches or more to connect to the inside hub. I am just looking at the Warn pictures, not the actual hub and they look like they have a "head" that would not go down in this extra hub that is on the dually front axle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58