Autometer Oil Pressure Guage

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My name is Jon and am new to this site. I have an 03 6.0l and very happy with it so far......minus the minor flash issues. Anyways has anyone installed an engine oil pressure gauge? If so where did you tee into or is it a major pain. The only place I could see that might be easy was where the EOT sensor sits. I know there is a test port under the EGR valve on the EGR cooler but that doesn't look like much fun either..

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Invader said:
My name is Jon and am new to this site. I have an 03 6.0l and very happy with it so far......minus the minor flash issues. Anyways has anyone installed an engine oil pressure gauge? If so where did you tee into or is it a major pain. The only place I could see that might be easy was where the EOT sensor sits. I know there is a test port under the EGR valve on the EGR cooler but that doesn't look like much fun either..
Welcome to SDD John great to have you on board! :sweet

There's an oil pressure test port at the base of the oil filter housing that has been used other 6.0L owners for both temperature and pressure.
Hope this helps some :sweet
Bill :cowboy:
89448956oembIs_ph.jpg

Thank you FMTRVT for the photo!

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked for the test port but I think it's under the EGR valve which is a major pain. Is there one on the oil filter housing like you say, where abouts should I be looking.? I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but don't want it to turn into a 9 hr job. In the 6.0l engine manaul for 03 the test port is on the filter housing but under the EGR where it is very difficult to get at.

I will look at the engine manual it is on Page 24. is this the one.?

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Invader said:
I've looked for the test port but I think it's under the EGR valve which is a major pain. Is there one on the oil filter housing like you say, where abouts should I be looking.? I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but don't want it to turn into a 9 hr job. In the 6.0l engine manaul for 03 the test port is on the filter housing but under the EGR where it is very difficult to get at.

I will look at the engine manual it is on Page 24. is this the one.?
I believe that test port in the photo is somewhat a bear to access but an alternative I've seen one owner do is install a T fitting in between the OEM pressure sender and the port it threads into. Here's a PHOTO of the OEM pressure sender which is just forward of the turbocharger assembly.

I don't own a 6.0L but am learning as fast as I can with the help of other seasoned owners :cowboy:

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I believe that test port in the photo is somewhat a bear to access but an alternative I've seen one owner do is install a T fitting in between the OEM pressure sender and the port it threads into. Here's a PHOTO of the OEM pressure sender which is just forward of the turbocharger assembly.

I don't own a 6.0L but am learning as fast as I can with the help of other seasoned owners :cowboy:

The photo link you gave doesn't give me permission to view it for some reason.

Thanks for the info.

hitecdan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Off the test port or tee off the oil pressure switch. The oil pressure switch is just that, a switch that makes the stock gauge site a mid range when the oil pressure reaches 5 to 7 psi. See page 56 (click here) of the 6.0L bible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14