aux tank feed install how to?

aldo_45030

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ISO how to install of a gravity feed line from an aux fuel tank? I found one once and lost the link it was an install on a power stroke.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of research on this topic lately.

Probably the easiest way for your truck would be to get this kit:

Diesel Install Kit for Auxiliary Diesel Fuel Tank — Fits Ford and Dodge Trucks, Model# 011025 | Auxiliary Fuel Tanks | Northern Tool + Equipment

This tee's into your stock filler neck.

My truck has a funky filler neck (filler inside a vent hose), so I have to do something else . I do have that kit, so I'm going to install the check valve in the top of the tank, and ignore the rest of the kit. I'm not sure if it's going to work, but that's what I'm gonna try to do.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if youre gonna do this do it right (the 1st time)...install and mount
a fuel filter / water sep. between the in bed tank & the main (factory tank).

Ill see if i can find the instructions that some one created (including all the
fittings and parts needed) to do it right.

aldo_45030

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all and if you can't use your filler neck tee i would be interested in it. I can get everything else i need from work excluding the water fuel filter.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed mine last night, didn't use it, but not sure if it's gonna work yet or not. If I don't end up using it, I'll let you know. It doesn't have the check valve in it if that matters to you....

aldo_45030

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WVO huh, how goes the never ending search for sources. it is damned hard up here Griffin has it all locked down i have appr 18 gall/ wk steady will dry up to 6 when winter comes.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hadn't had to look too hard. I know the former manager of two of my restaurants, and the other one I ate at every day for months trying to get their oil. I literally had everything on the menu.

My wife's family owned a restaurant for a while and got some good oil there, too.

aldo_45030

Full Access Member
Reaction score
life is good .....not so much for me dog eat dog world up here. I have eaten at 5 different places here at least 1 x /week. Only 1 gave it up to me, i have almost quit eating at the other places. Heck i live here in town and would bring my buds and family every other week. i know all together would spend easy $200 in beer alone.

Just bought me a used rds 61 gallon combo. $250 thought it was a good deal. even came with 10 gallons of old dino.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14