Aux

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
If your good at wiring stereo stuff, go to your local stereo shop, tell them what you need, and wire it in, if not have them do it for you. Seems stupid to me we have that button, and it doesnt work. Had mine done at local shop, and ran sat radio direct.

Zilla 58

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I checked into that also

and was told that you could not run audio from my XM into the AUX input on the rear of my radio. I have the single CD Stereo. But the audio could be hooked up if i had a 6 disk radio. I'm with you woofer, why do we have a button we cant use?
If you have any more information on how it can be done, please post it.

Thanks
Zilla

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
i have the 6 disc, also when they ran the wires for the Aux, i had them hook them up for an RCA input,so all i had to do was unplug the RCA cord, and plug in my DVD player, sits real nice on the cup holders too.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
I dont bother with all the wiring stuff. My little bro does this for a living, i see your from Iowa. how close to Sioux Falls S.D. If nothing else you can give Audio Playground a call, talk to Justin. Tell him big bro sent ya. He did my complete system, two 10s, five channel amp in back, rockford in the doors and pillers, with complete OEM integration, everything looks stock, but it rocks, been in a couple shows, to display what he can do.

MIKA, I believe a stereo shop can wire in an ipod cord for ya, all i know about it was i had two little green boxes inside my dash when he was done. sorry i'm not much help with what exactly to buy.

Last edited:

Mika Whittkaer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You have been a big help. I was just wondering if I had missed a plug in the glove box or something. I plan on a DVD/NAV install soon so I can wait. The two tens you have, are they behind the rear seat? I think I like the console Install but I have not decided yet. And do you have a electric rear slider?

Thanks

Mika

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
yes the tens were behind the seat, i also have the rear electric slider. If your doing a double din DVD/NAV, i believe the alpine unit i was looking at came with the ipod plug too. I also know its not legal, but they can hook up a switch, and button, that you push in some kind of sequence, so you can play the DVD feature while driving down the road. Now that is not the safest thing to be doing, but its possible. I will try to post a pic of my box tomorrow, as i have taken everything out.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
Zilla 58..... even with the single disc player, if it has a aux button, it should be able to make it work. I know ford has nothing, or at least they had nothing at the time i did mine to make the button work, thats when i talked to a good stereo shop, they made it work, said it was easy.

the_hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sat Radio connected via Aux

Check out this....

It was posted some time ago, and I downoaded the document. I believe the website is no longer around.

Sorry, the photos didn't download

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58