Axel wrap?

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
What is axel wrap, what does it feel like, and when would this happen?

Got to readin more on this carrier bearing shim package and on the bottom it states that a vibration felt off the line this product will not fix this is called axel wrap. This product intends to fix a high speed drive line vibration.

Weird, I installed the shims but am now thinking that I did not notice the vibration much coming home from getting the shims. I contributed that to the tuner putting out so much power that maybe I was just getting past the speed that I felt it faster. So now that the shims are on I am wondering that when the trial tuner falls off am I going to still have that vibration off the line.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Axle wrap.

This is what happens when you are sitting still and punch the throttle hard off the line and get good wheel hookup. The axle actually twists. If you only get mediocre hook up you will experience wheel hop which will lead to a broken axle. Thus the invention called ladder bars or traction bars. Helps keep things from twisting and getting torn up.

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
if you're getting vibration its the 2 piece driveline... I had a 2003 CC LB with a 6.5 inch lift and 37s... it was so bad that I had a one piece driveline made for the rear, solved all my problems... the truck was a 6 spd so I got vibration on takeoff in both low and first, also vibration after shifting up to third gear, and at about 65 MPH... the carrier bearing shim is worthless... IMO the vibration got worse when I installed it on my old truck... good luck with finding out what it is...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58