Axle seals

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am replacing my ball joints again since I went the cheap route last year and used low grade joints instead of Moogs. Got the Moogs here and am ready to do it but I have a question. Do you think my axle seals, which where replaced last year when I did the job the first time, will be ok if I'm careful pulling the axles out? I'll put new dust seals in the axle housing and o-rings on the hubs though. What do you think??

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I'll give her a whirl this weekend. At least the local dealer has 4 in stock just in case I need them. He had hub o-rings, and axle seals waiting for me too. Wow, parts I really need, in stock. What a concept.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I'll give her a whirl this weekend. At least the local dealer has 4 in stock just in case I need them. He had hub o-rings, and axle seals waiting for me too. Wow, parts I really need, in stock. What a concept.

yup, thats why I always go to my parts store. He is the only one in northwest suburbs that carry's powerstroke parts in house. I mean you cant drive 10 feet without seeing one of our trucks around here. why wouldn't you have this stuff in stock?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58