B/W 4407 Transfer Case Front Output Yoke

OBS96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Help! I'm dead in the water, here! :dunno
I shattered the output shaft yoke,on my transfer case, for my front driveline.
The transfer case, is a Borg/Warner 4407F. Ford said I had a B/W 1356, so I bought the yoke for that, and of course, it was wrong. Nationwide, Ford does not stock the front output yoke, for a 4407F, anymore. My local driveline shop could not readily find it either. They told me to check the forum websites, so here I am, pleading with you guys!
Any info, as to where I can get one? Maybe, two? Thanks guys! :hail

OBS96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No Luck

I check Ebay daily, and I've been to the boneyards around here. No luck, yet!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I googled "B/W 4407 Transfer Case Front Output Yoke" and found nothing but more forums asking the same thing. The biggest recommendation is to go to a Driveline Shop and ask them. Good advice. Around here we use Driveline Services, but I don't know if they are up your way...

Dave

OBS96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm working with Drivelines Northwest, up here. The biggest driveline people in our area. I went back to Ford today, they did some more checking around today. They tell me that no Ford dealer in the country, has one! They also said that no aftermarket company, makes one either! WTF? The truck is only 14 years old, and in great shape! I did go to a friend's machine shop today.
He thinks that with what is left of my original yoke, and with the yoke I have, that doesn't fit my T/C output shaft, that between the two, he can make one for me, with a little cutting and welding. Got My Fingers Crossed!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That transfer case was only used for a year or two and that is why they are so hard to find. Good Luck!

Dave

OBS96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anybody got a yoke?

It's been a month more now, and still no yoke! I cannot believe this!
I've knocked myself unconscious twice now, beating my head on the wall!
People must be hoarding them? I'd hate to have a machine shop make one for me, but I'm just about ready to take the $500 plunge! :(

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Do a search for a four wheel drive junk yard and see what you find. "Ford 4 X 4 salvage yards".

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58