Back from Quartzsite.,.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow,, what a place...It looked like everyone in the world that owned a RV was there.
From Redding to Buttonwillow, we got 14.2 mpg (fairly flat). From Buttonwillow to Quartzsite we got 12.7 mpg (lots of hills and mountains). On the way back, we hit headwinds, and a huge storm. I have not checked yet, but I know I had the truck floored just to maintain 60 mph so our mpg should be terrible.
At Quartzsite there was a huge RV show and we also found the "cube", which is a neat device to automatically locate the satellites for our dish TV. Buying it at the show saved us shipping and sales tax. The vendor waved the sales tax.
We also picked up two Honda 2000i generators along with the power adapter to link them together to make 4000 watts.
All in all it was a great trip. Lots of sunshine in Arizona, but it is always nice to return home.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you folks had a Good Time Max.;tu :sweet ;tu

Quartzsite is on my list of places to go.. Biggest "Swap Meet" in the World I'm told... Good Deals on stuff.. like your Generators and the "Cube". Is that RV Show a scheduled show (yearly) or is in action all winter, while the Snowbirds are there ??

12+ to 14+ MPGs is good. Wish I could get that with mine. I get 12 but thats about it.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Maxtor. Glad you enjoyed Quartzsite. I have never been, but have talked to a lot of folks who have.

Dave

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
We also picked up two Honda 2000i generators along with the power adapter to link them together to make 4000 watts.

I have seen that setup before. Very handy to only run one if you don't need the AC but nice to power up both when you need the 4000 watts. Two light weight ones are much easier to handle than one big one too.:sweet

we also found the "cube", which is a neat device to automatically locate the satellites for our dish TV.

Sounds like a neat device. Is it just a little thingie or some big contraption?:hmm

Lots of sunshine in Arizona, but it is always nice to return home.

Sunshine vs. return home. I think sunshine would be better. I just returned home to dark and -42 degrees :watchout

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get over the Grapevine without any snow? That is always a wild ride.

No we went over Tehachapi, The grape vine was closed for two days. When we got on I-5 via hwy 58 from Bakersfield, there was not much traffic, because none was coming from L.A.

Quartzsite is on my list of places to go.. Biggest "Swap Meet" in the World I'm told... Good Deals on stuff.. like your Generators and the "Cube". Is that RV Show a scheduled show (yearly) or is in action all winter, while the Snowbirds are there ??

The RV show is scheduled every year around the week of January 19th.

Sounds like a neat device. Is it just a little thingie or some big contraption?

It is very compact. The advantage of having the cube is that you can place it
out of the trees if your rv is sitting in a bad reception area.

Vu Qube Portable Satellite TV Antenna - Camping World

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tehachapi was my usual preference. I did the grapevine three times in a semi, when I was really in a hurry to get to Gilroy. It saved about a half hour. The first time I smoked the brakes on the truck because my jake wasn't working. It sucked, but I learned for the next time.

Tehachapi is a nice little drive, though.

northshore

Northshore
Reaction score
We were there on Tuesday last week, seen the Cube, but was pretty taken with the Movin view. I did notice that the prices on generators were pretty darn good at the show, we have a Yamaha 2400 and they were on sale for $895.00 which i thought was a pretty good deal when we bought ours the best i could find was $1100.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were there on Tuesday last week, seen the Cube, but was pretty taken with the Movin view. I did notice that the prices on generators were pretty darn good at the show, we have a Yamaha 2400 and they were on sale for $895.00 which i thought was a pretty good deal when we bought ours the best i could find was $1100.

At the show, the cube was $799 tax included. The generators with the power adaptors, gauge and 30 amp plug were $2,100. That price was with tax included. Here locally the total would have been $2,600 for the generators and the power pack.
So, we are glad we went to the show in Quartzsite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14