Back from the Formula None race & I'm PISSED!!

Reaction score
Title says it all. You would have thought that a compromise would have been worked out. Tony George is not to blame nor is IMS.

Screwed up rules that do not allow for the unforeseen are at fault. I blame the FIA for not allowing a change of any sort. Bernie because the bastard runs the show, and to a small degree Michelin for not providing a decent tire for this race, but to their credit they did try to work out a compromise that Ferrari as usual vetoed.....Shame on Ferrari too, most of all.

Probably a death blow to F1 in the US...a damn shame for the few of us who love it and follow it.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I saw that last night on Speed. WTF 6 cars racing? I think they ALL forgot who pads their wallets. If they were concerned with tire wear then don't drive so fast, but at least get out there and run for the fans. I think the proposed track change came a little late. No practice time.

Scott

Rcannon

HOWDY!
Reaction score
I read about this on the web... Seems you aren't the only one pissed.
what they did was dumb and hurt the efforts that they have made to get people interested...

Reaction score
Rcannon said:
I read about this on the web... Seems you aren't the only one pissed.
what they did was dumb and hurt the efforts that they have made to get people interested...

At least I'm only out the $237 in tickets and parking plus expenses to get there and back....some folks came from as far as Asia and had to have spent upwards of $4000. I'm a retired smuck and the $237 while a blow to the pocket book is not the issue...the lack of a show is.

This hurt F1 fans the world over, those that attended and those that watch it on tv...if this had happened in europe with the "hooligan" gangs there I'll bet there would have been body counts like after their soccer matches. Could you imagine if this happened at Monza (ok a poor example they would have loved it because Ferrari was there even if they were the only two cars) or in Silverstone?

ronk54

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Michelin brought a knife to a gunfight. They are to blame. They did not have the proper equipment to run the race. Michelin and the owners of the teams that use them were not prepared to race - they have no one to blame but themselves.

I hope that F1 puts the screws to Michelin and the teams that did not race. Bridgstone and its teams came prepared to race and did race.

wikked

Open 24hrs
Reaction score
A total embarrassment for F1. Michelin screwed up the tire selection for sure, but there are too many discrepancies in stories to blame any one party.

I see Bridgestone garnering more teams after this.

But hey, what a day to drive a Jordan or Minardi--talk about getting points handed to you on a platter. :thanks :roflmao

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58