Back to School update needed

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Interesting but kinda tiring. I've been getting a bit shorted on sleep, hoping to get caught up a bit this weekend. Mrs. TG wants to go camping, she has about 4 days off thru Wed. That means Monday & Tuesday I get to commute from Van Riper state park to NMU.

I took my tool box to school today. A couple of good bumps courtesy of Marquette's street resurfacing projects left the contents of my box totally scrambled. :rant

I did score a significant victory today. NMU requires that all students attend a health & fitness awareness class. I requested transfer credit for that class a couple months ago. Enduring USAF basic training gets one college level credits from Community College of the Air Force for classes taken during basic training. My request for NMU credit towards CCAF credits for basic training was denied. I was so turned off by the prospect of being forced into chasing a bunch of damned kids around "the dome", I would have otherwise taken the aircraft maintenance course a good dozen years ago. But recent developments in my job situation forced me into doing something or another. So I decided on taking the aircraft maint. course whether I wanted to chase kids around a gym or not.

As it turns out, one of my class mates is also a retired USAF Sgt who retired within just the last couple months. I was talking about having to take that bs class. He told me that he thought that he had been given transfer credit for it and didn't have to take that class. Right away I'm thinking WTF!!!, why does he get out of it, but I have to take it? I asked him to bring his paperwork showing all his transfer credits from CCAF. This morning I looked at it, and sure enough, they gave him credit. So I copied it and went up to the registrar's office and demanded the same credit for the same basic training. They were speechless and had no explainations. They gave me the credit for the course I so badly didn't want to take. Since I'm already taking 18 credits, I'll get a tuition refund for the extra class and 100% credit on the refund of the text book. So I am pretty :D:D:D

On the other hand, I got homework to get done before we can go camping, assignment is due Monday. :( No internet out at the state park. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nmu1974

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good job. When I went there we had to take some assinine phys. ed. course by some Australian named Dr. Hockey. It was all on video and all we did was a little running and check your heartbeat, then do some step test and check your heartbeat over and over again, a complete waste. It was as if the professor had someting over on the university and threatened them if his course was not made manditory. Additionally, you could not graduate, even if you had a 4.0, if you couldn't swim 2 lenghts of the pool and tread water for 3 minutes. I'm not saying that these aren't important life skills but what the hell does it have to do with a proper education? Administrators can sure get stupid ideas in their heads.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
(No internet out at the state park.) if that's your biggest concern...
Intrenet access is required to do homework and turn it in to instructor.

but what the hell does it have to do with a proper education?

And what the hell does a 53 year old grandpa being able to chase around some barely older than jail bait kids have to do with fixing airplanes??

I do see some applicability if your course of study is a masters in babysitting however.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58