Back to work-- well, sort of........

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I got layed off from my summertime regular job begining of October, about a month and a half sooner than I expected. With the historical call back date of past years of around 1 March, I was looking at around a 5 month lay off.

In light of such a long prospective lay off, I went job hunting, looking for pretty much anything I could find in light of the current economy. Last couple of years, I went stircrazy during the winter lay off. Besides, I'm not real happy about being on unemployment, but then again, money is money.

One of several places I applied at was Target. They snatched me up with the receiving, stocking, stockroom/partsroom experience I have from my summer job. It's part-time and seasonal. But it keeps me from going nukkin futts and supplements the unemployment to a point. Since the job is part time, I still qualify for unemployment. But they deduct something like .50 for every dollar I make. :dunno They have me working in logistics in the back room, which really isn't too bad. You get to complete your tasks without being constantly interupted by phone calls about trailer brakes or customers looking for awning parts.

But the big plus: employee discount for me & Mrs TG during Christmas shopping season. :thumbs:thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Cool Kent, we love Target down here in AL. The closest one is about a 30 minute drive, but well worth it.

Hey, maybe this should be your winter time avatar :thumbs

Fine69

Reaction score
Gotta agree with Bama on this one, we love Target up north too. WAY better than that other store......

Kirk*

Diesel Dummy
Reaction score
I wish our Target had more Groceries, and I might never go to the "Wal-Marts".

My sympathies. My dad is in your same situation, and went to Lowes.

Sucks man.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
:sweet can you pass that on to your good friends :sly

Unfortunately, no. :dunno They only give you two discount cards, one for me & one for Mrs TG.

You going back to the RV place next spring?
Not sure.
One older gal that's been the company rumor monger, was saying they may not even open the store in the spring & just keep the other bigger store open. Even if it were to re-open come spring, I may elect not to go back. I might go back to school and get an aircraft A&P mechanic license. That's what the Mrs. is pushing me to do.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is a good , honest profession, Kent. The A&P's I know all work inside of a nice heated hanger. Keeps the tools from getting wet or snowed on (no snow here).

Dave

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I wish our Target had more Groceries, and I might never go to the "Wal-Marts".

My sympathies. My dad is in your same situation, and went to Lowes.

Sucks man.

They just opened a new Lowes here in town. It was another place I applied, but I got a "Dear Kent" postcard.

The new Lowes has been open for about three weeks. For some reason I haven't even been through the door yet. :dunno

I should have sent a response to their post card:

Lowes- Human Resources
3500 US 41 W.
Marquette, MI 49855

To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for your postcard of October 16. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me a manager position in your receiving & stocking department.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually
large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field
of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite Lowes' outstanding qualifications and previous experience in
rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at
this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of Manager of Receiving & Stocking department this November. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,
Kent W.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14