Back up camera

Two Four Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Newbe question. Sorry....

How could I find out if my truck is pre-wired for a back up camera? I really would like to use the OEM set up if possible, and would like to see the display in my factory Nav unit, but don't want to try and re-wire the whole truck to do it. I am not even sure if it was a factory option in 08 for an F250...
I spoke with the service dept at my dealership but kinda got a BS answer to a couple more questions, so I am not sure if he really knew what he was talking about... (I had already bought the truck when I asked, so he wasn't super concerned with being helpful)
My last truck (Tundra) was prewired, and i just added the new tailgate handle w/camera and wire harness from camera to under the bed and was set up. Honestly that is the ONLY thing that I really miss about the Tundra...Lol.

Any help you could provide will be appreciated!
Thanks,

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
In general Ford does not pre-wire these trucks for anything that is not on the truck. I added roof lights (Clearance Lights) and had to buy the harness from the roof to the passengers kick panel where is plugged into the truck's master harness. My guess is the camera is the same deal. I am not sure how the pictures are displayed, so that is yours. Good Luck

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14